Re: [GENERAL] [pgsql-advocacy] Need concrete "Why Postgres

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [GENERAL] [pgsql-advocacy] Need concrete "Why Postgres
Дата
Re: Single-file DBs WAS: Need concrete "Why Postgres  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

>BTW any comments on storing an entire database in single file? I don't trust
>any file system for performance and data integrity if I have single 100GB file.
>I would rather have multiple of them..

I don't see why not. Entire file systems are stored within a single file
sometimes. Examples: vmware, and IIRC UserMode Linux.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] [pgsql-advocacy] Need concrete "Why Postgres not MySQL" bullet list
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] [pgsql-advocacy] Need concrete "Why Postgres