Re: Tests

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Tests
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 21 Aug 2003 at 16:51, Tomka Gergely wrote:

> http://195.199.65.92/~horvaths/pgperformance.html
>
> One of my friend do these tests. We think about the best filesystem for
> the Linux/Postgres systems.
>
> The four test was:
>
> teszt1 - 10.000 inserts
> teszt2 - 10.inserts, 10 in one trans.
> teszt3 - 14.000.000 inserts, 1.000 in one trans.
> teszt4 - "Select count(*)" on the big table.
>
> What test are interesting? Plese give us tips and ideas. The guy has time
> for other test.

- Try creating table without OIDs  and repeat runs
- Try changing number of inserts per transactions.

I tried similar test on my home machine last week. It gave me 500K records in
about 54 seconds on 7.3.3. That translates to roughly 3 minutes for 1.4M
records. You sure something isn't right here?

What is the hardware? Can you try it with 7.4CVS?

Bye
 Shridhar

--
XIIdigitation, n.:    The practice of trying to determine the year a movie was
made    by deciphering the Roman numerals at the end of the credits.        -- Rich