Re: Tests

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: Tests
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tomka Gergely wrote:
> 2003-08-21 ragyogó napján Bill Moran ezt üzente:
>

>>Tomka Gergely wrote:
>>
>>>http://195.199.65.92/~horvaths/pgperformance.html
>>>
>>>One of my friend do these tests. We think about the best filesystem for
>>>the Linux/Postgres systems.
>>>
>>>The four test was:
>>>
>>>teszt1 - 10.000 inserts
>>>teszt2 - 10.inserts, 10 in one trans.
>>>teszt3 - 14.000.000 inserts, 1.000 in one trans.
>>>teszt4 - "Select count(*)" on the big table.
>>>
>>>What test are interesting? Plese give us tips and ideas. The guy has time
>>>for other test.
>>
>>It's a shame you didn't test ufs+softupdates.  I'd be curious to see how
>>it stacked up against the others.
>
> Shame? I smell here a harcore BSD fighter :)

Well, I suppose ...

> Maybe sometime he run
> tests on *SD, but now we need linux data.

"He" has had it on his list of things to do for months.

And if I ever get enough free moments, I will test *both* BSD and Linux,
because I'm terribly biased towards BSD because that's all I use.
In addition to being interested in how FreeBSD's ufs+softupdates compares
to the variety of Linux journalling filesystems, I'm also interested to
compare FreeBSD's performance on ext2fs and FAT to Linux's peformance on
those same filesystems.

It's a "shame" because I simply haven't found the time yet.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies