Re: [GENERAL] 7.4Beta

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: [GENERAL] 7.4Beta
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stephan Szabo wrote:

>>the

>>I can also attest to the horrendously long time it takes to restore the ADD
>>FOREIGN KEY section...
>>

>That really needs to be rewritten to do a single check over the table
>rather than running the constraint for every row.  I keep meaning to get
>around to it and never actually do. :(  I'm not sure that in practice
>you'll get a better plan at restore time depending on what the default
>statistics give you.

This is clearly a case for a statement level trigger, as soon as
affected rows can be identified.
One remark on that enable/disable triggers stuff: from a user's
perspective, I wouldn't consider a constraint trigger as a trigger, so
if I'd disable all triggers on a table, I still would expect all
constraints to be checked.

Regards,
Andreas

От: "Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] 7.4Beta
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: 7.4 beta 1 getting out of swap