SSL Connection / Windows + Cygwin + PostgreSQL 7.4 Beta 1 question

От Carlos Guzman Alvarez
Тема SSL Connection / Windows + Cygwin + PostgreSQL 7.4 Beta 1 question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello:

I'm trying to establish a TLS connection to PostgreSQL 7.4 beta 1 on
windows and Cygwin using C#, i have configured PostgreSQL as it's
explained here:

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/ssl-tcp.html

There are anything more that is needed to be done in order to run
SSL/TLS connections to a PostgreSQL server??

Seems that i can start to establish the connection and receive the
ServerHello message but i get always an io exception ( from C# sockets )
when i sent the Client Finished TLS message ( if i try to connect to a
inet ssl server like ssl.netcraft.com:443 i can complete the Handshake
protocol ) any idea of what can i ave bad configure or i'm doing bad ??

Now two questions about SSL Request message:

1. I'm getting as response an 'S' instead of an 'Y' is this ok ??

2. In which format are sent the error messages for an SSL Request ?? (I
ask this because i think they are sent in 2.0 format i'm rigth??)

Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards

Carlos Guzmán Álvarez