Re: reuse sysids security hole?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: reuse sysids security hole?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Regarding second item, I don't think  anyone suggested autodropping
objects, or else I misunderstood. (That would be dangerous, to say the
least, IMHO). There were suggestions of reparenting objects, and warning
of  objects losing ownership, although feasibility questions remain.
(I'm still convinced something sensible can be done, though. I did have
an idea of keeping a reference count of owned objects in the shadow
table, but it just seemed too ugly and error prone and not worth it).

So maybe a better generic wording for TODO would be

* Better handling of dropping a user who owns objects.

andrew