Re: about performance of postgreSQL

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: about performance of postgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Xin;

PostgreSQL is configured to run on virutally anything out of the box.
The reason for this is that, like Oracle, the database manager will not
start if it cannot allocate sufficient resources. We take the approach
of ensuring that it will start so you can tune it.

I would recomment trying to take a close look at many of the posts on
the Performance list (searching the archives) and paying attention to
things such as effective_cache_size and shared_buffers. If these don't
answer your questions, ask this list again.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers