Re: Perfomance Tuning

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Perfomance Tuning
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 11 Aug 2003 at 23:42, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 19:50, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > > Well, yeah.  But given the Linux propensity for introducing major
> > > features in "minor" releases (and thereby introducing all the
> > > attendant bugs), I'd think twice about using _any_ Linux feature
> > > until it's been through a major version (e.g. things introduced in
> > > 2.4.x won't really be stable until 2.6.x) -- and even there one is
> > > taking a risk[1].
> >
> > Dudes, seriously - switch to FreeBSD :P
>
> But, like, we want a *good* OS... 8-0

Joke aside, I guess since postgresql is pretty much reliant on file system for
basic file functionality, I guess it's time to test Linux 2.6 and compare it.

And don't forget, for large databases, there is still XFS out there which is
probably the ruler at upper end..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Unfair animal names:-- tsetse fly            -- bullhead-- booby            -- duck-billed
platypus-- sapsucker            -- Clarence        -- Gary Larson