Re: Perfomance Tuning

От mixo
Тема Re: Perfomance Tuning
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thanks to everyone who responded. It's a pity that the discussion has gone
the ext2 vs ext3 route. The main reason I asked my original question is
that I am currently importing data into Pg which is about 2.9 Gigs.
Unfortunately, to maintain data intergrity, data is inserted into a table
one row at a time. This exercise took ~7 days on the same system with
slightly different setup(PIII 1.0GHZ, 512M RAM -- CPU speed was down graded
due to serveral over heating problems which have since been fixed, and RAM
was added for good measure). I have just reloaded the machine, and started
the import. So far ~ 6000 record have been imported, and there is 32000
left.

P.S. Importing the same data on Mysql took ~2 days.