Re: Peformance of Update

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Peformance of Update
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 11 Aug 2003 at 19:33, whchung@popularworld.com wrote:
>  Currently we are using postgresql 7.3 with Redhat linux 9. We find that
> when we try to execute 200,000 update statement through JDBC, the performance
> of degraded obviously for each update statement when comparing with less update
> statement(eg. 5000). Is there any suggestion that we can improve the
> performance for executing update statementat postgresql ? Thanks.

How are you bunching your transactions? I mean how many updates per
transaction?

And have you tried moving WAL to separate disk for such a update heavy
environment? Have you are tuned FSM to take care of dead tuples generated in
vacuum? Are you running autovacuum daemon?

All these things are almost a must for such update heavy environment..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Moore's Constant:    Everybody sets out to do something, and everybody    does
something, but no one does what he sets out to do.