Re: dropping a user causes pain (#2)

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: dropping a user causes pain (#2)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The docs (new and old) explicitly state you can do this; see for example
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/sql-dropuser.html

But ISTM that in such a case the user's objects should possibly be
reassigned to the database owner (who can't be dropped), in kinda the
same way that a *nix process that is orphaned is reparented to init. I
guess that might break other things, or would it?

Or maybe we need 'drop user foo with cascade'.

Or both.

cheers

andrew