Re: TODO items

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: TODO items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
>>>Actually, now that I look at it again, it is referring to procedures,
>>>not functions. Maybe just make it:
>>>
>>>o Add capability to create and call PROCEDURES
>
> OK.   I need to put a full proposal behind this once 7.4 is in the can.
> However, this is largely academic until we get someone who really wants to
> take ownership of PL/pgSQL and has the coding skills (I have the former but
> not the latter).

This isn't isolated to just PL/pgSQL, just like the ability to create
and call functions isn't. Support for PROCEDUREs in the backend is a
prerequisite to being able to use PL/pgSQL to create procedures. It is
necessary but not sufficient.

Similarly, if we want to support IN/OUT or named parameters, it isn't a
PL/pgSQL issue per se, it is a general one.

Joe