Re: dlgTable_patch2

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: dlgTable_patch2
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hiroshi Saito wrote:

>Hi Andreas.
>
>The change of columns that it continued troubles itself.
>It can cope with it though it isn't so beautiful.

Hi Hiroshi,

the problem is that column change actually isn't supported at the
moment; if you try it deleting and recreating it in the table property
dialog this won't work. Most people wouldn't like the result if we
really allowed drop/add of the same column, because the content would be
lost, when they just intended a rename. So I think it's better to have
such an action failing (instead of silently successfully destroying data).
I put "change columns in table property" on the TODO list.

Regards,
Andreas