Re: Release changes

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Release changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Here are the changes for 7.4.  I am looking for any improvements.  This
> will be adjusted as we move through beta.

Almost anything with my name on it (but certainly all the array and
polymorphic function stuff) could have Tom's too, since he reviewed,
polished, and applied it.

> Server Configuration
> > Allow the postmaster to preload libraries using preload_libraries> (Joe)
You might want to move this one up to Performance. Also, it might better
be "...to preload and preinitialize libraries..."

> Add pg_settings table to see server settings (Joe)
This should be more like:
Add new columns to pg_settings view: context, vartype, source , min_val,
max_val (Joe)
> Data Types and Functions>
> Allow WHERE qualifications of the form 'col IN/ANY/SOME/ALL (array) (?) (Joe)
This should be
Allow WHERE qualifications of the form 'expr <oper> ANY/SOME/ALL
(array-expr)' (Tom) (Joe)

> Allow SQL functions to return arrays and take them as params (Joe)
I think you must be referring to polymorphism here. Maybe:
Allow polymorphic SQL functions (Tom) (Joe)

Also:
Allow user defined aggregates to use polymorphic functions (Tom) (Joe)
Allow polymorphic user defined aggregates  (Tom) (Joe)

> Server-side Languages

Allow polymorphic PL/pgSQL functions (Tom) (Joe)
Improved compiled function caching mechanism in PL/pgSQL with full  support for polymorphism (Tom) (Joe)
Add new $0 parameter in PL/pgSQL representing the function's actual  return type (Tom) (Joe)

> Contrib
>
> Add hashes to tablefuncs (Joe)
More like:
Add hashed based crosstab function to tablefuncs (Joe)

And:
Add optional serial column for ordering siblings to connectby() in
tablefuncs (Nabil Sayegh) (Joe)

> Fix second argument to metaphone() in fullystrmatch
Fix bug in metaphone() in fuzzystrmatch

Joe

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: new compile warning
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: pgindent/copyright update done