Re: POSIX shared memory support

От Chris Marcellino
Тема Re: POSIX shared memory support
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
AFAIK, the only systems supported by Postgres that this patch won't
work on are NetBSD and OpenBSD.

The POSIX calls free the user from the SHMMAX and SHMALL limitations
of the SysV shared memory calls on platforms that support it. Since
this still takes one SysV segment, SHMMNI can still be reached on
some platforms if a ton of databases are opened simultaneously (i.e.
256 on Linux and Solaris, 100 on SCO Unix, 512 on HP-UX, 32 on Mac OS
X, unlimited on FreeBSD). This is the case without the patch anyhow.

Chris Marcellino