Re: hexadecimal to decimal

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: hexadecimal to decimal
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Presumably, the 50 msec difference represents the time to load up the
> perl library and initialize a perl interpreter.
>
> It might help if libperl were to be preloaded into the postmaster in the
> way you created ...

I tried that after I posted, but only saw roughly 30% improvement (which
is consistent with my earlier tests IIRC). Not bad, but this still left
plperl initial call at ~40 msec versus plpgsql at ~4 msec. It is
possible that the initialization function that I used,
plperl_init_all(), doesn't include everything it could. I might play
around with it when I get a few moments.

Joe