Re: minor annoyances...

От Maximilian Tyrtania
Тема Re: minor annoyances...
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Guillaume,

>> 1. In the main window i have a number of servers in the left pane of the object browser. Now, if I click on the
wrongone, and I don't have a network-connection to it, there is no way to tell pgadmin to stop trying to connect to it.
Oris there some way to set the timeout? It's too long for my purposes.

> You need to double click to open the connection. And AFAICT, you have no
> way to set a timeout.

Okay, thanks.

>> 2. Very often I have the main window buried under many sql query windows. A menu shortcut (command 1?) to push the
mainwindow to the front (and a way that would allow me to cycle through all open windows - command 2,3 etc)) would be
highlyappreciated.

> I think it would be difficult to remember which number you're supposed
> to hit to get to a specific query tool.

I suggested the command-n scheme just because that's what the Mac OS Terminal does. It also allows me to cycle through
windows(command <,>). And if command-1 would always push the main window to the front, well, that'd be just handy. I
justwatch myself having to use the mouse to go to the window menu more often than i would like to.

> Why don't you use Ctrl-Tab or
> Alt-Tab (whatever it is on your OS) to get to the window you want to use?

Neither of these work on Mac OS 10.6.3.
What you can do is hit F10 and then use < or > to cycle through the open windows. But that displays all open pg admin
windows...toomuch action on the screen.

>> 3. I'm on Mac OS X, and having to use command-q instead of command w to close a window is not exactly what a mac
userexpects.

> It's Command-W since 1.10.2.

My copy of pgadmin 1.10.2 (rev. 8217) still works with ctrl-q only.

Best wishes from Berlin,

Maximilian Tyrtania