Re: dump_all/restore times?

От Kaarel
Тема Re: dump_all/restore times?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>>I was thinking the very same thing. If it is a must to always bump up
>>sort_mem before running restore why can't the restore utility do it?
>>Take a portion of the currently available memory or ask a user
>>interactively etc.
>>

>This would need to be a command line option, because there may be systems
>on which bumping up sort_mem should not be done, for reasons unrelated to
>performance during the restore, and the restore may not always be done
>interactively.

If this can not be done then at least the sort_mem thing should be
mentioned in Chapter 9. Backup and Restore in the PostgreSQL
Administrator's Guide.
http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/perf.html#sortmem too
only slightly mentiones data dumps as opposed to "before running the
restore" suggested by Tom.

Kaarel

От: Kaarel
Сообщение: Re: dump_all/restore times?
От: Jean-Christian Imbeault
Сообщение: Performance hit of foreign key constraints?