Re: jdbc batch performance problem

От pginfo
Тема Re: jdbc batch performance problem
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,
Ok it is clear.
I will try to found a little time for this problem into the near future.

I am very familiar with pg internal and if some one have made tests with "C"
inserts it will
be great to send some info.
For example how many records can I insert with "C" code.
In this case we will know what to expect as performance.
As I wrote the performance by mysql and oracle is realy great and I am ready
to give my time for improving pg.

regards,
ivan.

Barry Lind wrote:

> Currently there is no difference between inserts done serially or done
> via the batch interface.  In both cases there is one round trip per
> insert.  This is an area of the code that would welcome contributions.
>
> --Barry
>
> pginfo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using pg + jdbc for j2ee development from a long time.
> > The main problem I found is the very bad insert performance.
> > I am using addBatch and executeBatch for minimum network trafik,
> > but it is also very slow.
> > For example if I try to insert 1000 rows ( in one transaction) into very
> > simple table
> > it takes ~ 3000 ms. If i use insert into myTable select ... it takes
> > only 10 ms.
> >
> > Exist any basic performance problem for pg jdbc or I make mistake?
> > Also I testet the same example on oracle 8i and mysql.
> > It is working much much better.
> > I love pg but it will be great if I can make insert faster.
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > ivan.

Сообщение: Re: Detecting 'socket errors' - closing the Connection object
Сообщение: Re: Detecting 'socket errors' - closing the Connection object