Re: Tuning PostgreSQL

От Ang Chin Han
Тема Re: Tuning PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> Good for you. You have time at hand to find out which one suits you best. Do
> the testing before you have load that needs another FS..:-)

Kinda my point is that when we've more load, we'd be using RAID-0 over
RAID-5, or getting faster SCSI drives, or even turn fsync off if that's
a bottleneck, because the different filesystems do not have that much
performance difference[1] -- the filesystem is not a bottleneck. Just
need to tweak most of them a bit, like noatime,data=writeback.

[1] That is, AFAIK, from our testing. Please, please correct me if I'm
wrong: has anyone found that different filesystems produces wildly
different performance for postgresql, FreeBSD's filesystems not included?

--
Linux homer 2.4.18-14 #1 Wed Sep 4 13:35:50 EDT 2002 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux

Вложения