How to set the background color of the JPanel in Java Applet?

От Ursula Lee
Тема How to set the background color of the JPanel in Java Applet?
Дата
Re: How to set the background color of the JPanel in Java  (Dennis Gearon <gearond@cvc.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

Any idea on how to set the background color of the JPanel in Java
Applet?  A few questions here:
1.  I have 3 panels on the JAVA applet, one for 2 buttons, one for
user_id label and read text, one for password label and read text.
In fact, I don't think I need 3 panels, but once I put everything into
the same panel, they all collapse on the same line.

Question:  Any idea on how to display them correctly, I just want a
normal display like:

User_id ..............
Password ................

<Logon button>  <Cancel Button>

All displayed at the botton.

2.  My applet now has white background color, and I have an image
picture on it, but the rest of the space are still white.
I am unable to use the function 'setBackground'.

Any idea on how to change the color?

3.  How to make the whole panel bigger to display on HTML?

Here is a portion of my code:

import javax.swing.*;
import java.applet.*;
import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;
import java.net.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.text.*;

public class login extends JApplet implements ActionListener
{
        public String getUID;
        public String getPWD;
        Image pic;

        private Label L_UID = new Label("User ID: ");
        private TextField UID = new TextField(20);
        private Label L_PWD = new Label("Password: ");
        private TextField PWD = new TextField(20);

        private Button loginButton = new Button("Logon");
        private Button cButton = new Button("Cancel");
        private Button quitButton = new Button("Quit");

        // setup display
        public void init()

        {
                Container contentPane = getContentPane();
                contentPane.setLayout(new BorderLayout());
                JLabel label = new JLabel(getParameter("gretting"),
SwingConstants.CENTER);
                label.setFont(new Font("TimesRoman", Font.BOLD, 18));
                contentPane.add(label, "Center");

                PWD.setEchoChar('*');

                pic = getImage(getDocumentBase(), "pic.gif");

                loginButton.addActionListener(this);
                cButton.addActionListener(this);
                quitButton.addActionListener(this);

                JPanel panel1 = new JPanel();
                panel1.add(L_UID, "Left");
                panel1.add(UID, "Left");
                contentPane.add(panel1, BorderLayout.NORTH);
                panel1.setBackground(Color.gray);

                JPanel panel2 = new JPanel();
                panel2.add(L_PWD, "Center");
                panel2.add(PWD, "Center");
                contentPane.add(panel2, BorderLayout.CENTER);
                panel2.setBackground(Color.gray);

                JPanel panel3 = new JPanel();
                panel3.add(loginButton, "South");
                panel3.add(cButton, "South");
                panel3.add(quitButton, "South");
                contentPane.add(panel3, BorderLayout.SOUTH);
                panel3.setBackground(Color.gray);

                resize(300, 300);

        }

        public void paint(Graphics g)
        {
                g.drawImage(pic, 0, 70, 400, 300, this);
        }