Re: 2 connections 1 transaction

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: 2 connections 1 transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 17 Jul 2003 at 16:47, Daniel Schuchardt wrote:
> 1.Client starts Transaction and does some changes.
> 2.Now the client notices that very huge operations are nescesarry and
> starts a procedure @ App-Server
> 3.App-Server reads the database and makes changes. Problem : the changes
> the client does are not commited -> the server can't see the changes or
> the case more bad the server waits for the client connection.
> (transaction isolation and table / record locking)
> 4.If everything works well both changes (done by the client and the
> server) should commit or rollback now

Why not route everything thr. app-server? If you have an app-server, then it
does not make sense exposing database directly to client.

Bye
 Shridhar

--
> No manual is ever necessary.May I politely interject here: BULLSHIT.  That's
the biggest Apple lie of all!(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the
intuitiveness of interfaces.)

От: "scott.marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: Where is the physical files of database that I just
От: Dmitry Tkach
Сообщение: Re: 2 connections 1 transaction