Re: Anyone used pgHoster.com?

От Dan Langille
Тема Re: Anyone used pgHoster.com?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 16 Jul 2003 at 17:11, Lynna Landstreet wrote:

> I saw a company called pgHoster (www.pghoster.com) listed on the
> techdocs.postgresql.com site and their prices for shared hosting seem
> to be in line with what we could afford (i.e. dirt cheap). But I'm
> wondering if anyone has any experience with them? I don't just want to
> jump into hosting with an unknown provider, so if I could get some
> feedback regarding their quality and reliability, that would be great.

I used them for a client.  Seems good enough for what you're getting.
From time to time, we had touble getting psql to work.  After using
dedicated servers for most of my work, it was quite odd to get into a
shared server arrangement.

One point of advice: Test often. Test frequently.  Sometimes what
will work on a dedicated server, where you have full control, won't
work on a shared server.  Things are often done differently when you
need to play well with others.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/