Re: 7.4 Press Release

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: 7.4 Press Release
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Robert Treat wrote:
> uh, a little too technical for this release ;-)

Yeah, I knew that. I just wanted to give you the details so you would
understand what was behind my bullets.

>         - Read only transactions, which bring a greater level of
>           security to web and enterprise applications by protecting data
>           from modification.

Hmmm, somehow I missed this change. How is it used?

>     Other improvements include:
>         - Performance improvements to data warehousing functionality.
Now that I read this again, it isn't clear what "data warehousing"
*functionality* we've added. What are some examples? Perhaps "data
warehousing related performance improvements"?

>     - Enhanced implementation of functional indexes
>     - Addition of polymorphic function arguments and return types
>     - SQL99 complient INFORMATION SCHEMA
This one already has a main paragraph above, so it is redundant here.
Sorry if I missed that the first time.

Joe