Re: Connecting - Need Help !

От Christoph Haller
Тема Re: Connecting - Need Help !
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

> I am trying my first attempt to write code which will conect to a test

> database I have created.
>
> The code I used is shown below:
>
> void ConnectDatabase()
> {
>   char *pghost;
>   char *pgport;
>   char *pgoptions;
>   char *pgtty;
>   char *dbName;
>
>   PGconn *conn;
>   PGresult *res;
>
>   pghost = NULL;
>   pgport = NULL;
>   pgoptions = NULL;
>   dbName = "linlog";
>
>   conn = PQsetdb(pghost,pgport,pgoptions,pgtty,dbName);
> }
>

> When I compile and make I get the following error:
>
> linlog.o(.text+0x177): In function `ConnectDatabase()':
> /home/pmoscatt/C++/linlog/linlog/linlog.cpp:30: undefined reference to

> `PQsetdbLogin'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gmake[2]: *** [linlog] Error 1
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/pmoscatt/C++/linlog/linlog'
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pmoscatt/C++/linlog'
> gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> gmake: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
> *** failed ***
>

> What have I done wrong here ??

Looks like you didn't link libpq.
Something similar to  -L$PGSQLD/lib/  -lpq should appear in LDFLAGS
resp. LIBS.
Regards, Christoph
PS Your code looks like C, but from your directory name one could think
it's C++.
Just wondering.

От: Peter Moscatt
Сообщение: Connecting - Need Help !
От: Bruno Wolff III
Сообщение: Re: Backend Server v's Frontend Server ?