Re: perfromance impact of vacuum

От Dan Langille
Тема Re: perfromance impact of vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 14 Jul 2003 at 14:13, Jay O'Connor wrote:

> What impact in performance does vacuum have on an active database?  I'm
> being asked about this...or rather...someone is questioning the use of
> postgresql because of this

I run it daily at off-peak times and it doesn't seem to affect
performance at all.  If you vacuum regularly, the impact is
minimized.  It really depends upon how many updates/deletes your
database has done since the last time you ran vacumm.

But don't take my word for it. See what others have to say.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/