Returning tablename.column?

От Kurt Overberg
Тема Returning tablename.column?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gang,

I just inherited a postgresql database that does NOT have unique column
names across the database.  I'm wondering if there's some switch in
postgresql/JDBC2 that I can throw to make it return the columns in the
form of tablename.columnname, rather then just by columnname.  I've
looked through all the documentation, but can't find anything that would
let me do something like this...

...what it does now.

database=# select * from member;
id   |   firstname   |   lastname   |   etc
-----+---------------+--------------+--------
2    | larry         |  lewis       |
3    | dave          |  johnson     |

...what I'd like it to do.

database=# select * from member;
member.id   |   member.firstname   |   member.lastname   |   member.etc
2           | larry                |  lewis              |
3           | dave                 |  johnson            |

...this would make my life MUCH easier, and allow me to get some work
done this century.   I'm using straight-up Tomcat 4 with postgresql
JDBC2 drivers.   Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Would this be a JDBC driver
thing, or postgresql thing?

Thanks!

/kurt