Re: application compatibility with Oracle

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: application compatibility with Oracle
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi adivi,

first of all, every technical mailinglist I know doesnt
like HTML mails. You got an interesting indentation style
anyway ;)

I'd recommend an abstraction layer for your Application
which resolves the database specific part.

Although you can stick to the subset of constructs which
will be supported by both databases, you cannot optimize
your queries for maximal performance during the different
implementations.

So most Applications which support more then one database
have different backend-handler with their special queries.

If you built and intelligent solution, you could write
most of the simpler statements in a way working well
on both systems and derive the layer and only replace
the complex queries with specialized ones for the given DB.

HTH
Tino Wildenhain