IIRC + intervals + and other things

От Alexander Blüm
Тема IIRC + intervals + and other things
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hello,

I am getting more and more confused with statements like these

> update foo set  timestamp_field  = timestamp_field + '365
> days'::interval;

or

> I normaly use 'abstime' and 'reltime' for dates and intervals, the major difference is 'timestamp' has microsecond
timeaccuracy, but abstime takes less storage space IIRC.

where do I find information on different "intervals" and things like that?

or even this:

   time::TEXT::INTERVAL

and what is IIRC ? Intelligent Inter Relay Chat ? no, probably not.

well, please answer gently, since I just showed my non-knowledge.

TIA

От: Guy Fraser
Сообщение: Re: Date Math
От: Ian Barwick
Сообщение: Re: IIRC + intervals + and other things