Re: Benchmarking

От mixo
Тема Re: Benchmarking
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Perfomance matters the most. So, what would be the ideal setup for
permomance in
Pg?
Machine specs:

   PIII 1.0 GHz
   640 MB Ram
   36 Gig Hd partions as follows:
                                                      /dev/sda1
linux swap    1   Gig

/dev/sda2           /                   11 Gigs
                                                      /dev/sda3
          /var              11 Gigs
                                                      /dev/sda4
          Free             11 Gigs

/dev/sda4 is not currently mounted, so that in future when redhat has
new releases,
the insallation can be made without changing the existing installtion

Chris Travers wrote:

> Re performance tuning-- PostgreSQL is configured out of the box to
> start on just about anything.  It is not configured for performance.
> If you want decent performance with many concurrent connections, try
> setting the shared_buffers to 1000 and make sure that Postgresql will
> start.  That is a good place to start.
>
> Apache2 comes with a benchmarking tool called ab that I have found
> useful.  I am not familiar with others.

Сообщение: Re: Restoring a postgres database
Сообщение: Re: Restoring a postgres database