Re: LinkServer

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: LinkServer
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8 Jul 2003 at 12:03, Madhavi Daroor wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> How do I link a postgres server and an Oracle server and get the data from
> an Oracle sever from a Postgres server? I'm using Postgres 7.2.3 on Red Hat
> linux 7.2
>
> Does postgres have any function to do so? And what other configuration
> changes are need to achieve this?

Well no. There is nothing out of box that would help here.

You can try some approaches,

1. Dump oracle data in text format and load with copy.

2. Create a postgresql function in C which would also link against oracle
client libraries, query the data and insert in postgresql database.

3. If writing a postgresql C function seems dounting to you, you can try a
client application which links against both postgresql and oracle client
libraries and transfer the data in between.

(1) is obvious. Other two might be a choice if you have special situation.

HTH

Bye
 Shridhar

--
We have found all life forms in the galaxy are capable of superiordevelopment.
-- Kirk, "The Gamesters of Triskelion", stardate 3211.7