Re: any body using Solaris8 with postgresql 7.3.3

От Weiping He
Тема Re: any body using Solaris8 with postgresql 7.3.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>Hm.  My first thought was that you needed a </dev/null in there too,
>but it looks like pg_ctl does that for you.  The other likely
>possibility is that you need a "nohup" in front of all of this.
>
>We should check the theory though.  After you start the postmaster
>using the above command, if you type control-C (or whatever your
>favorite interrupt character is) on the same terminal, does the
>postmaster shut down?
>
>            regards, tom lane

report back:

yes, Tom is right, it's because the control-C on the consol cause the
pmdie 2,
simple test without redirect the log would show the effect of control-C
clearly。
And I have to:

nohup pg_ctl start >logfile 2>&1&
exit
and relogin to system, then the server would be very stable.
I think put the start script into system startup script would be no problem.
But now the question is, why Solaris shows the difference? and how can I
circumvent it?

Thanks

Laser