Re: Problems with arrays

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Problems with arrays
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Harry Broomhall wrote:
>>swipe2test=> create table test_arr (id integer, ratecardlist integer[]);
>>CREATE TABLE
>>swipe2test=> insert into test_arr (id) values (1);
>>INSERT 183981491 1
>>swipe2test=> select * from test_arr;
>> id | ratecardlist
>>----+--------------
>>  1 | (null)
>>(1 row)
>>
>>swipe2test=> update test_arr set ratecardlist[1:3] = '{3,4,5}'  where id = 1;
>>UPDATE 1

While perhaps misleading, the answer is correct. You are appending array
elements to a NULL array, so the answer should be null. I think what you
really want here is:

regression=# update test_arr set ratecardlist = '{3,4,5}'  where id = 1;
UPDATE 1
regression=# select * from test_arr;
  id | ratecardlist
   1 | {3,4,5}
(1 row)

This actually replaces the NULL array instead of appending to it.

HTH,

Joe