Re: pgAdmin III Issues when creating tables

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: pgAdmin III Issues when creating tables
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Donald Fraser wrote:

> pgAdmin III Version 0.1.1 Devel (Jul 3 2003)
>
> A few minor issues when creating a table via pgAdmin III
>
> 1) Using the dialog via menu "New Object->New Table" to create a table
> always sets "Has OIDs" to true, even though you specify it to be not true.

Fixed.

> 2) Object type "serial8" (or "bigserial") no longer exists as a data
> type to select.

added.

> 3) When specifying timestamp, it is not possible to set the precision
> or whether you do not want time zones e.g. timestamp (0) without time
> zone.

added to TODO.txt. I noticed before, but that'll be quite some work.
timestamp with/without time zone are timestamptz and timestamp, the long
version is just an alias of the official/pg_type names.

> 4) The SQL definition when creating a table probably should not be
> editable if it is not going to be used by pgAdmin III to create the
> table. I tried overriding or modifying the SQL here to get the correct
> definition for timestamp and it ignored my modifications.

The control is created with the appropriate flag wwxTE_READONLY, but
obviously wxWindows ignores this.
ReadOnly is now set explicitely.

> 5) When viewing the column SQL definitions for a particular column,
> there is always a line that contains a column name "pgadmin_tmpcol"
> which obviously doesn't exist. Should this be part of the definition?
> For example a column named "id" has the following:
>
> -- ALTER TABLE public.id DROP COLUMN id
>
> ALTER TABLE public.tbl_test ADD COLUMN id int4;
> ALTER TABLE public.tbl_test ALTER COLUMN pgadmin_tmpcol SET STORAGE PLAIN;

Screwed up. This used to be sample code on how to change a column. I
removed that stuff now, the columns property dialog supports some column
changes now.

> 6) This one may be something to do with 5). The property named
> "Storage" is listed twice in the main window when viewing a column.

Just a copy-and-paste problem.
Just a copy-and-paste problem.
:-)

BTW, does your mail address mean you're addicted to torturing
applications? If so, you're invited to continue on pgAdmin3, we
appreciate your precise feedback because this is the way we come to a
good application quickly.

Regards,
Andreas