Re: Duplicate key insert question

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Duplicate key insert question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2 Jul 2003 at 16:52, Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:
> They are frequent, and I agree that there are issues with the database
> design. But the application developers don't want to address them (if
> it's broke why fix it kind of thing) ...
>
> I just noticed that their app was generating a *lot* of log entries when
> used with a postgres database and I offered to try and find a way of
> reducing the number of errors generated.
>
> Just trying to find a way to make *their* app play nice with postgres so
> that people who do use their app will use it with postgres as a DB and
> not that *other* DB ...

Your error message is

ERROR:  Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index pot_documents_pkey

Just restart the postmaster and redirect log to script which ignores this
message. A simple pipe to grep -v would do the trick. No need to modify the
app, no need to nodify the db as well.

HTH

Bye
 Shridhar

--
COBOL:    An exercise in Artificial Inelegance.