Re: [NOVICE] jobs mailling list: pgsql-jobs@postgresql.org

От Rudi Starcevic
Тема Re: [NOVICE] jobs mailling list: pgsql-jobs@postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

I just saw Jeff's post and jobs option/solution using "project eros".
That's another option.

So far we have:

a) a jobs email list
b) simple xml powered site
c) project eros
d) combination(s) of the above.

I vote for whatever everyone else's votes for :-)

Cheers
Rudi.

Rudi Starcevic wrote:
Hi,

OK .. sounds like a web site is part of the solution.

How 'bout something like ...
a) 1 page to list all jobs ( probably just a few )
b) 1 page to list all programers looking for available ( includes a small resume )
b) 1 page to add jobs
c) 1 page to add programers
d) 1 .xml file to store jobs and programers
e) 1 .xsd ( xml schema ) file
e) 1 .rss file to store jobs and programers for folks to add to their site(s)

Again these are just ideas/suggestions.
Your opinion ?

Cheers
Rudi.

Josh Berkus wrote:
Rudi,

So as my day ends it looks like jobs.postgresql.org
may well make it's debut as an email list.
Even if it starts as an e-mail list, I would very much like to have a web form
for employers to submit jobs, rather than submitting a free-form e-mail.
Having a web form would hopefully:
1) decrease spamming for the list admin to deal with;
2) force potential employers to fill out several fields instead of just "We
need a PostgreSQL DBA."
3) Make for an easy transition to jobs posted on the web once we have enough
traffic to justify it.
4) Have a seperate form in each language that would go to a seperate list in
each language.

Suggested form field:

Contact Name:
Contact E-mail:
Contact Phone:
Company:*
Apply Before:
Position Type: (DBA|Application Designer|Sysadmin|Performance
Tuner|Trainer|Conversion|Other)
Term: (Full Time Employment|Long Term Contract|Short Term/Freelance)
Location:
Off-site/Internet OK? (Yes|No)

All fields except Contact Phone would be required.  There would also be a note
for the *:  ( *= If you need your company's information to remain
confidential, simply put "Confidential" in the Company space.  Keep in mind
that job postings are publicly archived.)