Re: Invalid EUC_JP char seq bug?

От Jean-Christian Imbeault
Тема Re: Invalid EUC_JP char seq bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> Since you did not show us exact query you send to PostgreSQL

I can't show the exact query because it is generated by PHP. I can
however show you the code that generates the query:

$words = $_GET["words"];
$sql = "select id from products where name like '$words'";
$conn = pg_connect("host=$DB_IP port=5432 dbname=$DB_NAME user=postgres");
$res  = pg_query($conn, $sql);

The GET query string was:

words=%8f%ac%90%ec%96%be%93%fa%8d%81

I think that PHP does some internal translation of this before passing
it on though.

> I assume the query passed to PostgreSQL is:
>
> select id from products where name like 'string';

Yes.

> where string is "0x8fac90ec96be93fa8d81".

That I don't know.

> If the string is supposed to be an EUC_JP, it would be parsed as follows:
>
> 8f:     single shift 3 (indicates that following 2 bytes are a JIS 0212 character

[snip ...]

Ah ... so it is not an EUC-JP string but an SJIS string. Postgres was
right. That answers my question. Thanks!

>>PS I have also had the error pop up with this string:
>>
>>search_words=%B7%F6%BA%7E
>>select id from products where name like '??~'
>>Query failed: ERROR:  Invalid EUC_JP character sequence found (0xba7e)
>

> This is definitly a bad EUC_JP.

According to a PHP developer in my bug report
(http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=24309&edit=2):

"URL decoded byte sequance of 'search_words=%B7%F6%BA%7E' is
B7E6+BA7E, which is correct EUC-JP character sequence. [snip] But, I
believe encoding detection of mbstring works fine in this case.
B7E6+BA7E is not correct byte sequence of SJIS, UTF-8, ISO2022-JP. It is
correct EUC-JP byte sequence."

I see that he wrote B7E6 instead of the correct B7F6. I resubmitted my
bug report to PHP and pointed this out. Hopefully the developer will see
that this sequence is incorrect EUC-JP and that PHP failed to detect this :)

I *knew* there was nothing wrong with Postgres ;)

Thanks!

Jean-Christian Imbeault

PS I posted to HACKERS a few weeks ago about another bug (a real one :)
in the EUC-JP translation having to do with the WAVE DASH. I'll repost
here on the BUGS list, could you let me know the status of that BUG? Thanks!