Re: Duplicate key insert question

От Jean-Christian Imbeault
Тема Re: Duplicate key insert question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> The thread is here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=3A4D6116.1A613402%40mascari.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3DMike%2BMascari%2BINSERT%2BNOT%2BEXISTS%26ie%3D

Thanks!

> The solution is not correct in that there _is_ a race condition.

I thought so :(

>>No, what I want if to have one query that will *always* insert if there
>>is no record with this primary key and *always* do nothing (not fail,
>>not generate an error) if there is already a record with this primary
>>key. I don't want to check return values :)
>

> No way.

I was beginning to think so. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

In your opinion what is the best solution, if we define best as not
generating any error messages and executing as quickly as possible?

Thanks,

Jean-Christian Imbeault

Сообщение: Re: Duplicate key insert question
Сообщение: Re: Duplicate key insert question