Re: Getting blocked when receinving response from a Parse

От Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
Тема Re: Getting blocked when receinving response from a Parse
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Francisco Figueiredo Jr." <fxjrlists@yahoo.com.br> writes:
>
>>I'm implementing the 3.0 protocol version in Npgsql, a .Net Data
>>provider for postgresql.
>

>>I stopped in the first message: Parse :(
>>I send the parse message but I don't receive the ParseComplete or the
>>ErrorResponse. My code simply freezes while reading the byte from
>>network stream.
>

> You must send either Flush or Sync after the Parse to force the backend
> to emit its response to Parse.  The assumption is that in many cases
> you'll be sending Parse as part of a batch of commands, and the backend
> should batch its responses to minimize the number of network packets
> sent.  So you have to tell it where the batch boundaries are --- thus,
> Flush or Sync.  See the docs concerning the difference between the two.

Oohh, thanks, Tom Lane!
I didn't read carefully the final part of extended query where it says
about the Flush message :)

I didn't realize the idea of holding responses to minimize network
traffic. I was thinking in the send reply style :)

--
Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.

------
"My grandfather once told me that there are two
kinds of people: those
who work and those who take the credit. He told me
to try to be in the
- Indira Gandhi