Getting blocked when receinving response from a Parse message...

От Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
Тема Getting blocked when receinving response from a Parse message...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I'm playing with this for one week with no luck... :(

I'm implementing the 3.0 protocol version in Npgsql, a .Net Data
provider for postgresql.

I could get it working using the simple query and so, I started to work
in the extended query.

I stopped in the first message: Parse :(

I send the parse message but I don't receive the ParseComplete or the
ErrorResponse. My code simply freezes while reading the byte from
network stream.

I added some elog lines to check that I was sending the message
correctly. I could even check that pq_putemptymessage('1') is being
called in the exec_parse_message() method, but I don't know why I'm
getting blocked when reading the data.

It is strange because all the simple query mode tests I did work very
well. Just this Parse message isn't working for me.

Am I missing something?

I'm using the latest cvs code on cygwin.

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.

------
"My grandfather once told me that there are two
kinds of people: those
who work and those who take the credit. He told me
to try to be in the
- Indira Gandhi