Re: Multiple Out params in stored procs

От Fernando Nasser
Тема Re: Multiple Out params in stored procs
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
MAX wrote:

>  It appears from the Docs, that pgsql doesn't
> support this is it so ?
>
>  I would really like to write a stored proc that
>  return multiple OUT parameters to a jdbc CallableStatement...

Kim's WIP driver already does that now but the patch hasn't been
submitted yet.  How long can you wait?

Note that you will have to define your PostgreSQL functions to
return row types so it must be a 7.3 backend.  And you SELECT ... INTO
should say "INTO RESULT" instead of "INTO $1 $2 $3" as in Oracle.

The proper SQL syntax for defining procedures with OUT parameters will
be hopefully available in 7.5 as 7.4 is going into feature freeze and I
haven't even started on that.

We may provide a stand-alone utility to convert an SQL standard proc
definition into the required 7.3 (and 7.4) PostgreSQL function and row
type definitions.

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300