Re: Feature freeze and the great elog changeover

От Paul Ramsey
Тема Re: Feature freeze and the great elog changeover
Дата
Re: Feature freeze and the great elog changeover  (Dennis Björklund <db@zigo.dhs.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Paul Ramsey <pramsey@refractions.net> writes:
>
>>Lots of hardcoded english...
>

> What makes you think it's hardcoded?  We've had internationalization
> support for awhile.  (One of the results I'd like to accomplish in this
> pass is to reduce the number of "junk" messages that translators need to
> look at, by merging near-duplicates and suppressing .po entries for
> internal-can't-happen errors.)

Ignorance on my part, probably. You mentioned elog() so I grepped for it
and found lots of this stuff:

elog(FATAL, "data directory %s was not found", checkdir)
elog(FATAL, "could not read permissions of directory %s: %m",               checkdir);

I am probably just misunderstanding something.

P.

--       __     /     | Paul Ramsey     | Refractions Research     | Email: pramsey@refractions.net     | Phone: (250)
885-0632    \_

Сообщение: Re: Feature freeze and the great elog changeover
Сообщение: Re: Feature freeze and the great elog changeover