Re: [BUG?] table inhiritance violates primary key

От Sven Köhler
Тема Re: [BUG?] table inhiritance violates primary key
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Table inheritance is fairly broken right now. Foreign keys and unique
> constraints (including primary key) don't inherit to children, you can't
> even get the effect that is generally desired by putting a separate
> constraint on the child table since then the parent and the child could
> each insert a 1 value.  Workarounds have been discussed in the past, so
> you can probably find details in the archives. There was also talk
> recently about multi-table indexes on either general or hackers, so you
> can find that discussion as well for more info.

I'm very disappointed now. Table inheritance was the feature that
attracted me the most. Is it currently an experimental feature? Is it a
goal to achieve stability for future versions of postgresql? Which
version might be first with stable table inheritance?