Re: pgAdmin3 feature freeze?

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: pgAdmin3 feature freeze?
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hiroshi Saito wrote:

>Hi Andreas.
>
>I am sorry that my response is dull...
>
>I thought how pgadmin3 should handle LargeObject.
>There is the following three approach with pgsql-7.3 as the way of handling
>it.

Hiroshi,
pgAdmin3 doesn't handle blobs at the moment, because it doesn't work
with data a lot. If a selected column contains lo or bytea, the string
output of libpq is shown. This might not be pretty looking, but
interpretation of a blob is up to an application. I don't see a way to
handle this in a meaningful way for the tools we have in pgAdmin3 at the
moment.
This might change if we support some dump/restore or load functionality,
but this is a feature of forthcoming versions.

Regards,
Andreas