Re: Urgent : JDBC problem in PostgreSql for Linux

От Fernando Nasser
Тема Re: Urgent : JDBC problem in PostgreSql for Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kallol Nandi wrote:

> Now I have another problem.
> I am running the same JDBCConnection program from Lotus Domino Server
> installed on Linux to connect to Postgresql in Linux.
> But I am getting the following runtime error.
> The code is included in a JAVA agent which is called on the click of a
> button.

> The postgresql.jar file does not contain the correct JDBC classes for this
> JVM. Try rebuilding. If that fails, try forcing the version supplying it to
> the command line using the argument -Djava.version=1.1 or -Djava.version=1.

 > Linux version is - 8.0
 > Postgresql version is - 7.2.2
 > Domino Server version(Linux) is - 5.0.10
 >
 > What is the procedure for rebuilding the jar file?

Maybe Domino is using yet another JVM, perhaps came packed with the product?

If this is so, note that IBM until very recently only had a 1.3.1 JVM,
which means you should be using the JDBC2 driver, not the JDBC3 one
(which seems to require 1.4 Java).

You can build a JDBC2 driver by installing a 1.3.1 Java SDK (yes, you
can have several JVMs installed), set your JAVA_HOME and PATH and build
(you'll have to configure the whole pgsql tree).  Don't forget to make
sure no other version of the driver is anywhere in your CLASSPATH, in
the JVM jre/lib/ext directory etc.

There is a pg73jdbc2.jar at

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

If that doesn't work because Domino uses some javax.sql stuff, then try
the pg73jdbc2ee.jar one (right below the above).

Regards,
Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser