Re: virtual table

От Tomasz Myrta
Тема Re: virtual table
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Dnia 2003-06-23 10:29, Użytkownik Richard Huxton napisał:
> Look into views - you'll need to provide triggers to handle the
> update/inserts.
I think view won't change too much - there is not too much difference for this
case between creating view and empty table with trigger returning null.
I was thinking about something more comfortably - table without pre-declared
columns so I don't have to change table definition when pl/pgsql function changes.

Can anyone tell me how triggers work? Do they need to look into table column
definition to retrieve data?

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta