Re: Autoconf options

От Adam H. Pendleton
Тема Re: Autoconf options
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

${PGHOME}/lib will still be used to find libpq.a I assume?
Yes.
OK. Don't forget stc and xrc - that's what I had to fix this morning (it
was good pratice!) :-)
Of course.  :-)

DEPRECATED:

--enable-wx-gtk2 Compiles against the gtk2 version of wxWindows
Should we deprecate this yet? How long has GTK2 been fairly standard?
Deprecated because it will automatically be detected.

--enable-wx-unicode Compiles against the unicode version of wxWindows
Yes. GTK2 should imply Unicode. I see no reason why you might want GTK2
without it.
Same situation here.
This would require modification of the symlink to switch between release
and debug versions of wxWindows which should certainly have the same
headers. I agree having multiple versions of WX is bad in general (and
if you're clever enough to do it, you should be able to fix the
resulting mess), but debug & release versions should be permitted imho.

Okay, I will add the --with-wx-config=FILE option so that a wx-config file can be specified explicitly.  This should allow side-by-side linking against debug and release.  Without that option specified, release will be the default, and debug will be linked against in --enable-debug is passed.  One question, what if the symlink wx-config points to a debug version of wxWindows, but they don't specify --enable-debug or --with-wx-config.  We would then link against a debug version of the wx library, but release versions of stc and xrc.  Do we care?

ahp