Re: pg_get_triggerdef in pg_dump

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: pg_get_triggerdef in pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

>We make pg_get_xxx2 functions that return a formatted version.  Internally,
>we just add an extra boolean parameter to the pg_get_triggerdef() function
>in ruleutils and we call that true or false depending...

That's what I got too!
Several weeks ago I proposed such functions as contribute module to this
list, with no result. Seems I'm not the only one that wants to read
his/her trigger/view/rules after pushing them into pgsql...
Difference from Christopher's solution is that mine utilizes completely
separatated (copied) code, so ruleutils code is still unchanged. This
was a concession to Tom who claimed concerns about pg_dump not being
able to reproduce things correctly if there was *any* error in it.
Maybe we get some progress now on this topic?

Regards,
Andreas