Re: any way to use indexscan to get last X values

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: any way to use indexscan to get last X values
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 16 Jun 2003 at 9:08, Tomaz Borstnar wrote:
> So this really means major increase of performance for real situation -
> forum with over 85 000 messages where you get rid of full scan and 2 full
> sorts to display list of msgs which happens a lot. You can always use some
> query/page caching things, but then people start to post duplicates,
> because they think the message did not make it into the database.

OTOH, I was thinking of your original problem. If you could have two identical
tables, one to store incoming posts and other to store approved posts, that
should be lot more simpler.

Of course you need to vacuum much more if you are deleting from in queue but
the kind of database you are handling, me need not tell you about vacuum..

Just a though..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Drew's Law of Highway Biology:    The first bug to hit a clean windshield lands
directly in front    of your eyes.