Re: Which database part 2

От Kaarel
Тема Re: Which database part 2
Дата
Re: Which database part 2  (Jean-Michel POURE <jm.poure@freesurf.fr>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
> Now, one question: why do you keep on asking questions about MySQL? Can't you
> just download PostgreSQL 7.3.2, pgAdmin3 and PhpPgAdmin 3.0 and make your own
> opinion?

Hey I thougth there's no penalty for asking. Or is it that these are
_my_ questions that are generating the most traffic in advocacy list?

OK that one was ment to be a joke or whatever.

Actually PostgreSQL sympathizes more to me than MySQL. However I don't
have that much experience with them to convince someone to use
PostgreSQL. When my boss is convinced that MySQL is almost as fast as
Oracle then it won't help to say "but I like PostgreSQL". I thought why
not ask the same question (which database to use) from both parties and
then let them analyze opposite's answers. So I would get a nice list of
reasons to operate with and also be prepared for some counter arguments.

Besides asking this one question I have been reading PostgreSQL and
MySQL mail-lists, searched some archives and read some articles over the
internet. This is how I asked about SourceForge and DB2. I have got some
very interesting new knowledge for the past week or so. Bear in mind
that I will put anything you told me that isn't true on your conscience :)

Kaarel